An Hour In the Kitchen

Friday, August 7, 2009

Picnic on the Hudson with Trixie



Since the weather finally feels like summer, my Mom suggested that I write an article about picnics. Good idea, Mom. Some of my favorite meals have been picnics. This spring, we had a sprawling one in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park. Friends kept showing up with food and blankets. It certainly captured the spirit of casual outdoor dining.

Aside from the ants, one of the challenges of picnics is transporting the goods. My takeout containers and tinfoil don’t always do the trick. As luck would have it, I ran into Trixie Starr showcasing Tupperware at the opening of Clear Massage Studio. Who better to go on a picnic with than someone who is an expert in food storage?

Trixie has the envy of any kitch-collecting diva, a Tupperware picnic set from the ’70s. One look at it and the whole picnic took shape in my head.
Read more...







Trixie will be showcasing her Tupperware at a benefit for The Second Show Community Thrift Store from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Jason’s Upstairs Bar, 21 Warren St., Hudson. Twenty-five percent of all sales will benefit The Second Show.

No comments: